Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Where in the world are you from? I have a Toyota Progress

Customer Question

Hi. Where in the world are you from?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: I have a Toyota Progress NC300 2000 model
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed fuel pump, checked if motor works. It does, Checked fuel pump relay. its suspect
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: About 100000 miles. Started normally
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It starts when I bridge remove fuel pump relay and bridge power to the fuel pump but does not respond to fuel pedal.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If any fuses are found to be blown at all this can cause this type of fault here.If all fuses are checked and found to be o.k. check the wiring to the fuel pump relay for any issues.I dont show a diagram on this model myself but usually you should have two powers at the relay with the key on and a ground at the relay either with the key on the first two seconds or when cranking over the engine.If you have these signals I suspect the relay is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete