Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have 1998 toyota Avalon automatic climate control the

Customer Question

I have 1998 toyota Avalon automatic climate control the blower only work on high fan please help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace the small resistor above the blower control module already still the same
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: blower control module maybe?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David and will be assisting you. if you already replaced the resistor, then have you checked the fuse for the blower motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse is good that is why it's blowing on high fan only

theres a fusible link in the system.........left front inner fender, so please check it.

here is a print to help

do you still need assistance?

hello??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir , now i found out heater relay (right kick panel) no power on the (blue white color) some one bypass this heater relay to make it work on high fan only... please advise Thank you

oh really? hmmm ok, lets get er wired right. gimme a few to figure it out

can you see any traces of the bypass wiring? if you can take a pic of that area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
behind the climate control they connect the blue white wire with the yellow green wire together , i think the yellow green wire control for the a/c compressor

ok. ill look at the print ....

havent forgot about you........

having trouble finding a print for the control panel... stick with me..ill find it

tell me which wires are spliced together from this print

do you still need assistance???

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. if the blower motor runs on high then the circuit is good until the controls or resistor. Te controller just directs the power through the resister , knowing these cars and the age I would almost guarantee you have a resistor problem. They are located under the dash beside the blower motor. Hope this helps you. I you need further assistance I' be happy do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, for this 98 Avalon with automatic climate control the blower control module is located another side of the blower it's next to gas pedal... what do you think sir? should i replace it? Thank's for your help

I would locate the blower resistor first and check it, that's what usually causes that. right close to the blower motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, i will order the blower resistor... but the resistor it's not next to the blower

they are close to the blower motor or on the heater box , here is a pic of what your looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sir, not this resistor... it's control module driver side near the gas pedal

aw then this one must be yours, production date change. hard to tell not actually being there