scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I disconnected the battery and the security will not let me

Customer Question

i disconnected the battery and the security will not let me start the car 2007 camry
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: just cla
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just cleaned them
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** can I start with a few questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you reset the security after disconnecting the battery? 07 Camry
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Is this a push button start Camry, or does it have a conventional key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Conventional key
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

To reset the security system, exit the vehicle and close all doors, hood and trunk. Insert the key into the drivers door and turn it to the lock position twice in a row, then with out removing key turn it to the unlock position twice in a row. Enter the vehicle and attempt to start.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Was this successful? Did the immobilizer system reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No for some reason the key will not turn to lock on the drivers door
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Try removing key and flipping it to the other side. Can you try the key in the trunk key hole to try and determine if it is a problem with the key or with the drivers door lock itself? Do you have any other keys to try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bought the car with one key on the drivers door it works to unlock. Works on truck and passenger door to lock and unlock
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Can you manually lock this door from the inside?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

OK, so since it wouldn't go to the lock position on this door, try locking all doors with the remote, then insert key and turn to unlock position twice, then try to start, this may also work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a cue and I don't have keyless entry
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

OK, pop the hood, lock the doors with the power lock switch on the door, exit the vehicle, place key in drivers door slot(leave it there). Disconnect battery for 30 seconds. Reconnect battery, unlock the drivers door manually, and try to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Try disconnecting battery. Then insert key into ignition and turn it to the run position. Then reconnect battery while leaving it in the run position. Then try to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the tumbler from passenger door and installing on drivers door and I will see if it works
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

OK, This should work then, as long as you can get it to go to the lock position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok went to the original lock twice unlock twice with key on drivers door the attempt to start. Did not start and security light still flashes
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible that there was any arcing when the battery was disconnected? Possible resulting in a blown fuse?Have you checked any fuses?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.