Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I am trying to find a diagram for the relays in the engine

Customer Question
fuse box location. JA: How many...
I am trying to find a diagram for the relays in the engine fuse box location.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 18,000, 2/1/2 years old
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014 manual double cab short bed TRD OFF ROAD 4X4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I left the door cracked and the battery went dead. After I jumped it, the A/C wouldn't work. I checked all of the fuses, everything is ok. cranked it back up and the a/c still doesn't work, and now the CEL is on, and the Traction control id off and won't come on. Also, when I try to go over half way down on the accelera
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: sorry - accelerator, it starts to die.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am concerned I put one of the relays in wrong when I was checking the fuses (I started looking at relays too.) Anyway, little things like this bug the s**t out of me. It is under warranty, but I like to figure it out to build my knowledge of the vehicle
8/13/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello welcome to JUST ANSWER and allowing me to help solve your problem.did you by mistake jump it backwards first? or arc it? sounds like you may have blown a fuse-able link. These are the heavier amp fuses that are in the fuse relay boxes,they are square with clear windows so you can see the fuse part. use a magnifying glass to check them closely.each fuse block cover should have a diagram name and location of all fuses and relays.a couple under hood in engine compartment under dash driver's side and kick panel. right front kick panel for a/c fuse and relay.if you have the owner's manual it will also show locations of all these. other then that if you can see the part numbers on the relays you might have in wrong you can ask Toyota parts what they are for and they can tell you from that part number usually they are fool proof to were they go by looking at how many termials are on them and how many have connections in each spot and also their shape. if you require further assistance I will be glad to help.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician