Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Security system truck won't start, Yes not corroded, 05

Customer Question
Security system truck...
Security system truck won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes not corroded
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 05 tundra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes check all fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Was running turned off, tried to start again won't start
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/11/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, and allowing me to help you. Lets begin with a few questions to get a picture of your problem. Does it turn over ?how old is the battery?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery is a couple of months and it won't even attempt to turn over I put the key in and nothing happens don't even hear the fuel pump turn on. I believe it might have to do with and anti theft issue cause it was running fine and then I pulled a relay out to switch and I went to recrank it and it won't crank or even attempt
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Waiting on response

is it an aftermarket anti theft unit? when you try to start it can you hear a faint click by the starter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Factory anti theft I just check the ignition switch I got power to all wires but no sound when trying to crank it ova

we don't usually have troubles with the factory anti theft but we do with the starters because of their location. give me a bit I want to check something for you.

Besides the emoboliser is to dissable fuel going to engine so it won't start not to stop cranking. can you locate the starter relay and jump it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is relay located

also check the fuse that activates the relay first. ignition and engine fuse they should be inside fuse box driver's side

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Check all fuses good

OK now you go to the starer relay and jump it and see if the starter turns

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician