Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My battery die I jumped my tundra TRD and now it just cranks

Customer Question
over but does nothing what...
My battery die I jumped my tundra TRD and now it just cranks over but does nothing what should I do
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Not leaking or dead I charge it
JA: What year is your Tundra?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I jumped it the alarm went off I charge the battery and the dashboard lights up but the window won't roll up the radio won't turn on but it just keeps cranking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/8/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and make sure no fuses had shorted out when the jump start occurred.I have seen voltage surges and shorts occur with a jump start in some cases and cause this fault here with the affected fuses needing replaced.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician