Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

No ac /changed ac 10 amp fuse in dash, lp switch and relay.

Customer Question
no ac /changed ac 10...
no ac /changed ac 10 amp fuse in dash, lp switch and relay . if it works , which rarely it is in the morning for a short time then done for the day
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: 2004 corolla
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 200,000 starts and runs great . new battery, serpentine belt all fluids etc
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself . changed relay - ac fuse - pressure switch. condenser fanmotor does not seem to go on hIGH speed and clutch does not engage . clutch is free
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all I have
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/4/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response yet 2:30 am here Refrig charge ok by the way

Here is he diagram I will be using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/corollaAC.pdf

The ECM controls the ground to the clutch relay that energizes the compressor clutch.

Do you have access to a scan tool to see if the ECM is getting an AC on command from the HVAC and if the dual pressure switch is grounded?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have access to a scan tool. Is that what alto zone can do. ? Your response was a little vague to me

The auto zone tool can only get engine codes. A more sophisticated tool from a shop is needed.

Sorry you felt my diagnostic help was vague. I have to be vague to determine the customers skill level to see if they can even to the diag and repair they are wanting to do.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not had a chanc to have Ecm checked. Any suggestions other than that ? Thanks. Dave

Without testing any repairs would just be a guess. If you want to try a part, the best choice would be a replacement dual pressure switch.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician