Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I can't get the serpentine belt on my 2006 scion xa. I have

Customer Question
loosened bolt A on the...
I can't get the serpentine belt on my 2006 scion xa. I have loosened bolt A on the diagram and pushed the alternator toward the engine but can't get the belt to fit around all the pulleys
JA: How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 150'000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and so far just loosening the alternator
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Have you compared the new belt to the old belt to be sure you have the right belt?

Have you inserted a pry tool in the adjusting bracket to pry the alternator to the full release position?

Ok, I don't know how I can help you from here then so I will OPT OUT of your question

Sorry I could not help

Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, do you have a belt routing diagram, are you sure the belt goes around the pulleys as per the diagram?

If the belt is the same length as the old one and you were able to get it off then the new one should be no problem putting it on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already got it fixed, thank you...

You're welcome.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech