Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

On my 2008 Prius, the while attempting to open the rear

On my 2008 Prius, the while attempting to open the rear hatch, the handle device that houses the hatch latch and has the Toyota emblem on it, broke off. The wires also broke and fell into the hatch. I am buying a new handle piece to replace it, but I need to,of course, get the wires out? With the hatch closed, is there a way to remove the inside hatch panel to get the hatch opened?

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

yes, there is , let look up what i have on it ,for removal to help you remove it

might take 10 15 minutes to upload them here for you

get to the rear , and try to take out all the trims in the first diagram then to get to the lock and pop it open, want be easy , but it should be able to get to it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Uh, ok, but if the hatch can't open, how do I remove those pieces? I don't see access screws when I climb back there with the hatch closed

I know it will be hard , remember we are doing something that is not meant to be taking off that way, i suggest taking the back seats completely off, to see if you can take that middle tray out and pull all the trims around until you reach the back of the handle , i wish i had specific procedure for that , but it is not listed

Chad

all these trim covers needs to be pop out of place , use a flat head screw driver , with a towel around it so you want scratch anything .

i wish i had a better way to do it, that what i would do if it came in my shop that way .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got it thanks

you welcome

please dont forget to rate me before you exit ,since that is how we get compensated .

Thank You

Chad