Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 1993 Toyota corolla 1.6 I have changed everything

Customer Question
accept relay or ecm.I can...
I have a 1993 Toyota corolla 1.6 I have changed everything accept relay or ecm.I can put power on fuel pump and it works,but wont work with wiring harness
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
7/24/2016
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, sorry about your issue. if you jumper the fuel pump relay will it run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will replacing it fix it also, and,is it the one behind the dash

it should be in the engine compartment

any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no,it is behind the radio in the dash. I got it out ,but,which one do I jumper. the one under hood is for ecm ????I am about to the end of my patients

hang on. let me pull up a print

you can try this also

if your pump isn't running, there is a test port in the engine bay in a black box on the passenger wheel well or near the OBD port. use a jumper and connect terminals Fp and +B and then turn your key on. that bypasses all the relays. if you pump doesn't run jumped, it's your pump or it's connections on top of the tank. if it does run, look at the relays, efi main fuse, AFM(or)MAP, the fusible link, all efi related connections under the hood. the o2, egr, and water just make it run funny. at worse limp mode. don't think they will make the ecu shut things down.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks man..the pump works and its the 2nd new one I put in.I can put power on it and car runs fine but not on its own,I put in NEW complete dist. all injectors fuel pump fuel filter. this is a 93 model car but I got so much in it now I need to get it running.I checked the green 5 prong circuit opening relay with ohm meter and I get reading,can it still be bad???? maybe the EFI relay bad ????

basically when it comes down to relays, you check the relay base to see if you have 12 volts in and then jump that 12volts to the "out" contact and see if tyhe pump works, or find a relay with the same part number and swap them, there are really no known good ohm reading to see if the relay is bad

hows it going with the troubleshooting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to replace the relay under dash (open circuit relay) and the one in engine compartment , I think its called an ignition relay, when I put them in I will let you know what happens.If that don't do it I must have a broken wire somewhere. ???? all of the problems started with a bad coil .

lets cross that path if we get there my friend

any progress?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no,I have a new complete dist. all 4 injectors plugs and wires,new ignition relay,fuel relay(behind radio in dash) new fuel pump. what else can I change ? does the wireing harness have a place prone to breaking ? is there anything else I can try ? or do I cut my loses and call salvage yard to come get it. LOL but not too funny

let me dig into the wiring diagram....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can the engine run with a hot wire to fuel pump IF the ECU is bad ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could I have NOT got something wired back together when changing fuel pump ? .....now the fuel gauge don't work

thats a real possibilty

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician