Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Toyota Avalon will not start after engine get hot. Have

Customer Question

2008 Toyota Avalon will not start after engine get hot. Have to pump acc 4 or 5 times till it starts. Dealership has replace gas tank, gas cap, fuel pump, filter, sock filter and now say injectors need to be replaced. 6 times service department has reset service eng. lite and VSC alarms. With in 25 miles both alarms return. The problem started from a hole in the top of the gas tank from factory and dirt filled the tank. Car start as soom as you turn the key when its cold in the mornings. I average 31 to 33 miles per gallon on the car. The dealershipefused to work on the car after 7 return trips.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If you have the 'codes" (the reasons for the engine light coming on), this might be rather easy to determine the actual cause. It sounds to me like someone was guessing, not diagnosing, and threw a lot of parts at the car hoping this would fix it (which it obviously did not). Please advise if you have the codes (or can get them via a scan); thanks