Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I accidently drained the transmission fluid on my 2014

Customer Question
Tacoma 4WD. need to...
I accidently drained the transmission fluid on my 2014 Tacoma 4WD. need to locate refill plug to put it back in.
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: Truck has 30000 miles. I meant to change oil, not transmission
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Was hoping to refill so I did not have to tow to Toyota
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That should be it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
7/21/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

There is a fill plug on the right side on the tailshaft housing of the transmission, I think it is a 22 or 24 mm size plug,

You'll need something like a hand pump to get the fluid up and into the filler opening, if you saved the fluid that was drained out just put it back and you will be ok. The fluid is actually good for about 100,00 miles.

Hello, just a follow up to see if you have had success in getting the transmission refilled, if what I suggested was helpful please click on one of the rating buttos.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech