Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

The Maint Reqd light came on, on my 2007 Tundra. I tried to

Customer Question

The Maint Reqd light came on, on my 2007 Tundra. I tried to rest it by turning the key to the ON position while holding the trip reset button for more than 5 seconds, but light isn't going off... It's showing the ODO & it hasn't gone to(###) ###-#### Is there another problem or another way to shut off the light?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's in Park.. Not sure what a "wheel lock" is... I believe the Stearing wheel does lock when I pull out the key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, trying to fix myself.. I just tried the reset procedure a few times.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you sure you are at trip A setting? here are the instructions I am sure you have, just reminding. Here is the description and I also attached a picture

Reset Procedure

1.Turn the ignition switch to the "IG-ON" position and make sure that the odometer is set to "TRIP A".

2.Turn the ignition switch to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

3.While pushing the "TRIP" meter reset knob, turn the ignition switch to the "IG-ON" position.

4.With the ignition switch in the "IG-ON" position, keep holding the TRIP" meter reset knob (for at least 5 seconds) with the LCD counting down as shown in the illustration. When the reset is complete, the display will show "000000" for 1 second. Then the maintenance light will turn OFF.