Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2002 tundra that will not start. I replaced the

Customer Question
starter and the starte relay...
I have a 2002 tundra that will not start. I replaced the starter and the starte relay. this is my Son in Laws truck. thing is, when he purchased it (used) the guy told him that you needed to hold the headlight hi-beam lever back. and he did need to do that or it would not turn over. I now found out that is not a safety lock out as I had assumed.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: battery is fine checked with a voltmeter. does not turn over, (see above)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: how do I close this window
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: how do I close this window?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the battery is fine, it will not turn over. Actually, after we finished the replacement it did start 4 times. then the next morning it did not turn over again.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/17/2016
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im Dave, so you replaced the starter and relay and then it started ok 4 times? did it start normally without having to hold back the high beam lever?(which is odd)

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician