Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 2011 Rav 4 is going in 60K mile service. What is an

Customer Question

My 2011 Rav 4 is going in for its 60K mile service. What is an Emission System Flush? It is an optional service as near as I can tell.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the dealer is offering it as part of a deluxe 60K mile service
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Toyota does NOT recommend any kind of "Emission System Flush". In fact, if you experience a failure because of this alleged 'recommendation', you could void the warranty on your catalytic converter (if the produce causes damage). The honest answer here is this: Whoever is selling you this service is DIS-honest. A properly maintained Toyota has absolutely no need for any kind of "emission' related services. Nothing. If I were you, I would go someplace else that is more honest. We would never try to sell our customers this kind of mistreatment.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.