Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How do you open the hood of a Toyota ,4runner if the spring

Customer Question

How do you open the hood of a Toyota ,4runner if the spring and cable or broken where u were to put your hand but can't?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the hood release cable is broken, the only way to open the hood is to remove the hood latch unit from the center radiator support metal panel. This is not easy if you do not have access to a lift and swivel 10 millimeter sockets. Please allow me to ask if there is any resistance felt when you pull on the hood release cable.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reposed I had a feeling I would have to go that way did not want to believe it thanks

Sorry. The hood latch is operated via the cable and the cable only. This is part of the anti-theft system (so no one can steal your battery). A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks