Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Avensis 1az is not firing cylinder 2 & 3. the cylinder head

Customer Question

avensis 1az is not firing cylinder 2 & 3. the cylinder head was skimmed after overheating
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: checked, the radiator cap was loose
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2006 avensis 1AZ
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: compression tests were done and reading ok and plugs were checked for spark thier ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: if you remove the battery terminal and back, then start the rev count can reach 6000r but when you switch it off then on again it will go up to 3000r
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I order to help further, I need a little more information.
Has it done this ever since you redid the head? Or ran normal then started sometime later? And have you checked for injector pulse?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it started after skimming. can it be air escaping from the head? does the block need skimming too? BUT THE COMPRESSION IS OK IN BOTH CYLINDERS. INJECTOR PULSE IS OK
If spark is ok, compression is ok, and injector pulse is good but started after the repair then I'd double and triple check that the electrical connectors are hooked up correctly and to correct cyl on the coils and injectors. Is the cel and if so what codes are there? Also do a leak down test. That will tell you if there are any really leaks. As for the block, I have never had to skim a block, ever. So unlikely there.
Let me know what you find with the electrical connectors and cel.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this? Did my advice help? If so can you give my advice a positive rating? But if you still need help please let me know.Thanks
Sonny