Ase Master
Ase Master, Tech
Experience:  Ase Master tech
3827149

The backup beeper is not working of my toyota avalon 2015.

Customer Question

the backup beeper is not working of my toyota avalon 2015. could it have been turned off accidently. If so, how can I turn it back on?
Thank you,
Linda Hathcock
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. and that no fuses have shorted out causing this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. if this is an after market system installed on your model here make sure the wiring is all o.k. that was installed and no wiring was damaged or disconnected.if this is an after market system that was installed you may have to have this checked/tested by a repair facility that installs and works on the after market components to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not an after market system. It came standard with the car and was working fine until recently. That;s what made me think that it was turned off in some way. I still don't know what I need to do to check it other than you said to check the fuse. Not sure where the fuse would be.Thank you,
Linda Hathcock
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info is not showing me the diagrams of this model here on this system myself but others here may have info on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Ase Master replied 1 year ago.

Did this happen after any recent work or after the vehicle was in for service ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at all happy with the response. It is much harder to navigate through this and I do not want to be charged for this service and do not want a free trial membership. I will take to Toyota dealership. Thank you, ***** *****