Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm having problems deactivating the keyless entry system on…

Customer Question
I'm having problems deactivating...

I'm having problems deactivating the keyless entry system on a 2011 Toyota Venza. I've gone through all of the recommendations in the manual, and am unable to start the vehicle, your help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?

I don't know how to check the power on the battery, since it's a flat battery, we are using a back up fob to see if that works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, Just the information provided in the manual. The local Toyota dealership is closed today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

Clearly, the vehicle is making all kinds of weird noises when we try to start it, I don't know if it's because this is the anti-lock mechanism or it needs servicing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
7/10/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Venza.

Is this the Smart Key system or does it start with a normal style key inserted into an ignition switch?