rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Took battery off and now car will not start. all lights work

Customer Question

took battery off and now car will not start. all lights work but do not dim when key is turned to start position.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car is in park don't know about wheel lock for sure but I think it does
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2006 solara SE 4cyl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far thought computer may have lost memory was wondering if there was a way to reset it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the battery was off the car for about a week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

let's start over and follow this re-learn procedure I attached for you. Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that attachmeny told how to reset the computer but then it says to start the car to see if the problem is gone and the problem is the car will not start the stsrter will not turn over
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you may have activated the security system then and may need a scan tool attached to the system to clear it now.

thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later

on.