Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

7/7/2016
Toyota Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, the blue wire should connect to the horn pad. Let me know how things go we can work further if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no horn pad; it has the touch pads on the spokes. The loose wire is the female looking for the male spade connector which I believe is also a wire which has disappeared from the hole the blue wire went into.
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The horn switch wire should have connected down in the hole where the female spade is in the picture. On the back of the steering wheel there is a metal contact ring which this wire connects to, through the opening shown in the picture. You may need to remove the steering wheel and then remove the contact ring from the steering wheel to reconnect the wire, or you may find the terminal is broken off of the contact ring.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician