Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

A mechanic broke a bolt of in the head of car put on the

Customer Question

a mechanic broke a bolt of in the head of car put on the rear valve cover ,,,i have picture of where bolt broke ....The mechanic says its not a problem ...is this so????
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you driven it yet as is? Lets see the picture, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've driven the car back home after the mechanic did it I drove it for about 20 minutes
If you have any questions you can call me at(###) ###-####my real concern is whether this bolt be broken at the point it's broken will it cause the valve covers to leak out or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just wondering will it leak further into the future or is it something that's going to leak will it leak right now?
I wrote on the receipt that they are responsible for fixing the broken bolt in the head I'm wondering if this is something that I should have fixed
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That does look like the best bolt to break out of them but I still wouldn't be happy about it. If it was going to leak it probably would within the first 100 mile of driving so having them write on receipt that they will be responsible for any leaks should be fine. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell them to remove the bolt in your opinion
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if they will or are responsible for removing it without having you pay more. I don't think any harm in asking though. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.