Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

The car accelerates rough from a stop then run fine at 30-40

Customer Question
mpr. did completetume up and...
the car accelerates rough from a stop then run fine at 30-40 mpr. did completetume up and clemed carb
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: tranny 1995 can you tell mewhere the fuel filters are?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1995 corolla 1.8
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the tune up and carbclean yes I would like to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I know of car runs fine otherwise
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
7/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

Does the engine idle normally? Is the check engine light staying on?

Please list the items that were replaced during the tune up.

The fuel filter is located near the firewall on the driver's side by the air filter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
engine idles well at 1000 rpm in park neutral and drive when up to speed.
plugs wires distributor cap rotor air filter were replaced
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
carburetor was cleaned also

Thanks, ***** *****'t see spark plugs mentioned, are they new?

I believe the ignition coil is located inside the distributor on this engine, these can cause problems due to dracks or high voltage leaks to ground try a new coil.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced them

You replaced the coil too?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not the coil

Ok, thanks, ***** ***** like it's something electrical breaking down, the coils are known to cause problems.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech