Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a question about a 2007 toyota ghlander hybrid....I

Customer Question

I have a question about a 2007 toyota highlander hybrid....I have heard that the inverter and or the main battery can just quit. Is this an issue to worry about when thinking about purchasing the 2007 hybrid highlander with 128,000 miles. I could never afford $7000 for the inverter or $6000 for the battery....so given those limitations is this a bad choice for me or is the probablility of one or both of these parts going bad very rare.
Thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Highlander.

What you have heard is true for any Toyota Hybrid vehicle. Now sometimes they can you you a warning by failing slowly and symptoms like warning lights will come on then go off for several months but if you are not prepared or the idea of just dropping a few grand into a repair when needed is not your idea of fun, then please avoid a Toyota Hybrid or at least purchase the best warranty available when you do.

Have you talked with the selling Dealer yet? Do they offer a warranty program that can be purchased at the time the vehicle is bought?