Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My toyota sienna has a problem code c1433, yes i ve tried,

Customer Question
hello there JA: Hello. What is...
hello there
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my toyota sienna has a problem code c1433
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes i ve tried, c1433 remains
JA: What year is your Sienna?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i changed the steering angle sensor and vsc light came off for just a couple of minutes. then even with the other sensor light came on again. same code since then
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: changed the sensor from another sienna 2012 which was working perfectly. code c1433 and steering angle says 862 deg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/29/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

You could have a problem with the spiral cable, C1433 is a code for the steering angle sensor circuit. You will also need to perform and alignment and re-calibrate the steering angle sensor.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Dan, the spiral cable has been changed and all the controls on the steering wheel work perfect. Have tried to recalibrate the sensor with scanner and still the same. Did the manual zero point calibration as well and code c1433 still the same too. Is there any other thing i can check or do to make it work properly? I dont wanna get a new steering angle sensor and get the same code after running the car a few miles around (that happened with the sensor i switched from another sienna, vsc light came off and after a few miles driving it came on again). thank u

Is the steering wheel straight while driving straight?

When the steering wheel is straight what is the reading on the scan tool live data?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its straight. Scan tool live data shows code C1433 and 862deg as the steering wheel angle

Sounds like something is not plugged in all the way, or there is an open in the harness. Do you have access to a wiring diagram?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, i have no access to it. do u know where can i get it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dan still there?
Dan, ASE Certified Technician