rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

05 tundra running sluggish after sitting still and running

Customer Question

05 tundra running sluggish after sitting still and running for 30 mins(already checked the MAF)
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I would attach your scan tool again, and check the fuel trims when it's doing it at idle and loaded conditions. Also check your fuel pressure and MAF readings with a scope if you have one.

Thanks, Ron