Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How to bleed the fuel system on a toyota yaris 1.5 petrol

Customer Question
2009, have changed the in...
how to bleed the fuel system on a toyota yaris 1.5 petrol 2009, have changed the in tank fuel filter and can not start after words
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi Simon,

You should only beed to cycle the ignition key 5 seconds on 5 seconds off maybe twice, and the engine should start.

The car was running prior to changing the intank filter?

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no problems before, have tried a few times on and off and has not started, i re-stripped the fuel filter to check if assembled right and all was ok. i put my multimeter on and found 10 volts on fuel sender wire and also on fuel pump when engine was cranking.
it does not want to start - battery now flat but running jump off nissan patrol and still the same.
even tried a bit of aero start and nothing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Simon,

Sounds like you have another problem if it won't start on aerostart.

I'll assume you sprayed some in the intake, and it won't start?

Doesn't sound like a fuel pump issue.

Have you disturbed something else, or blown a fuse?

Gary

Hi Simon,

Do you need any further help?

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic