Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2008 Toyota Sienn, and the rear passenger door (keyless entry) lkicked on me and I can't get it to unlock.

Customer Question
I tried every switch including...
I have a 2008 Toyota Sienn, and the rear passenger door (keyless entry) lkicked on me and I can't get it to unlock. I tried every switch including hand held remote and manually. How do I get it to unlock?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to help with this.

You are going to need to crawl into the back and remove the trim panel. You will be able to manually unlock, then open it so it will be easier to work on. You can then check for power at the gate lock solenoid while depressing the switch. If you have power you will replace the lock solenoid. That should take care of your problem.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That didn't fix the issue. I had to take the handle cover off to manually open the door so I could take the door panel off. The lock mecanizim was stuck to far past where it was suppose to be. I put it back in position and now works.

Glad you got it working!

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Master Technician