Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

2006 scion driving car check I gone lite came on then car

Customer Question

2006 scion driving car check I gone lite came on then car slowed down to about 5 mph I stopped turn car off then turned car back on now it won't start
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check engine lite came on
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting ,

the check engine light came on because the computer detected a fault in the engine control system, apparently serious enough to shut the engine down. Is the car now at a repair shop or at your home?

You mentioned that it won't start, does this mean it turns over but won't fire up or is everything electrical dead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At home won't start turns over but won't start . Car didn't shut off I shut it off and when engine lite came on car slowed down to about 5mph ... So I shut it off hpeing to reset it but when I went to turn it back on it won't start turns over but won't start . Car got towed to my house
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply, does it try to start, sputter, backfire? Anything at all? Can you put same gas directly into the intake and see if it responds?

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

I have to go offline for about an hour, will check back with you.

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

I'm back online now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car starts and runs but don't excels rate and rpms go up and down
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks, ***** ***** fuse cover under the hood and locate the fuse marked ETCS and put new one in there.