Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have 2008 scion xd. With 180000 miles. The issue is when accelerate it pinks sound always and some time it doesn't...

Customer Question
Hi. I have 2008 scion...
Hi. I have 2008 scion xd. With 180000 miles.
The issue is when accelerate it pinks sound always and some time it doesn't have good acceleration. No engine code.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Xd.

What have you tried so far in trying to fix this concern?

Do you mean to say that the engine "Pings" when you accelerate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its very small pink sound and and lose power and it idle puffing sound

Have you had a repair shop look at this or made any repairs?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I'm work shop

Ok, are there any warning (check engine) lights on or codes stored?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It look like you did not read my message I posted.
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician