Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2008 camry had a rear collision on right side of quarter

Customer Question

2008 camry had a rear collision on right side of quarter panel, air bag codes are b 1785 b1786 b1651, what needs to be done, air bag did not deploy was not a bad accident, is there a reaet procedure ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today

I m going to look up codes and send you what needs to be done and replace

give a little time to get everything together and I will send it to you

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know , thank you

The B1651 does no come up as a valid code i have B156

This B1786

SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM: OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM: B1785: Front Occupant Classification Sensor LH Collision DetectionDTC B1785 - Front Occupant Classification Sensor LH Collision DetectionDESCRIPTIONDTC B1785 is output when the occupant classification ECU receives a collision detection signal sent by the front occupant classification sensor LH if an accident occurs.
DTC B1785 is also output when the front seat assembly RH is subjected to a strong impact, even if an actual accident does not occur.
However, when the occupant classification ECU outputs a collision detection signal, even if the vehicle is not in a collision, DTC B1785 can be cleared by "zero point calibration" and "sensitivity check".
Therefore, if DTC B1785 is output, first perform "zero point calibration" and "sensitivity check".HINT: When DTC B1650/32 is detected as a result of troubleshooting for the AIRBAG SYSTEM, check the DTCs stored in the occupant classification ECU. When DTC B1785 is output, perform troubleshooting for the DTC.WIRING DIAGRAM
INSPECTION PROCEDUREPROCEDURE1. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
(a)Connect Techstream to the DLC3.
(b)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
(c)Using Techstream, perform "zero point calibration" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization).
OK:
"Zero Point calibration is complete." is displayed.
NG -- REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH
OK -- Continue to next step.
2. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK
(a)Using Techstream, perform "sensitivity check" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization).
Standard value:
27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb)
NG -- REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH
OK -- Continue to next step.
3. CHECK DTC
(a)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
(b)Clear the DTCs stored in the occupant classification ECU ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes).
(c)Clear the DTCs stored in the center airbag sensor assembly ( See: Air Bag Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes > DTC Check / Clear).
(d)Turn the ignition switch off.
(e)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
(f)Check the DTCs ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes).
OK:
DTC B1785 is not output.HINT: Codes other than DTC B1785 may be output at this time, but they are not related to this check.OK -- END
NG -- Continue to next step.
4. REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH
(a)Turn the ignition switch off.
(b)Disconnect the negative (-) terminal cable from the battery.
(c)Replace the front seat assembly RH ( See: Seats > Removal and Replacement > Removal) for power seat or ( See: Seats > Removal and Replacement > Removal) for manual seat).HINT: Perform the inspection using parts from a normal vehicle if possible.NEXT -- Continue to next step.
5. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
(a)Connect the negative (-) terminal cable to the battery.
(b)Connect Techstream to the DLC3.
(c)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
(d)Using Techstream, perform "zero point calibration" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization).
OK:
NG -- REPLACE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU
OK -- Continue to next step.
6. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK
Standard value:
27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb)
OK -- Continue to next step.
7. CHECK DTC
(a)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
(d)Turn the ignition switch off.
(e)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
OK:
NG -- Continue to next step.
8. REPLACE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU
(a)Turn the ignition switch off.
(c)Replace the occupant classification ECU ( See: Seat Occupant Sensor > Removal and Replacement > Removal).
NEXT -- Continue to next step.
9. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION
(b)Connect Techstream to the DLC3.
(c)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).
OK:
NEXT -- Continue to next step.
10. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK
Standard value:
27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb)
NEXT -- END

I dont have a B1651

sorry the one earlier was B1785

This is B1786

2008 Toyota Camry L4-2.4L (2AZ-FE)

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM: OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM:

B1786: Front Occupant Classification Sensor RH Collision Detection DTC B1786 - Front Occupant Classification Sensor RH Collision Detection DESCRIPTION DTC B1786 is output when the occupant classification ECU receives a collision detection signal sent by the front occupant classification sensor RH if an accident occurs. DTC B1786 is also output when the front seat assembly RH is subjected to a strong impact, even if an actual accident does not occur. However, when the occupant classification ECU outputs a collision detection signal, even if the vehicle is not in a collision, DTC B1786 can be cleared by "zero point calibration" and "sensitivity check". Therefore, if DTC B1786 is output, first perform "zero point calibration" and "sensitivity check".

HINT: When DTC B1650/32 is detected as a result of troubleshooting for the AIRBAG SYSTEM, check the DTCs stored in the occupant classification ECU. When DTC B1786 is output, perform troubleshooting for the DTC.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE PROCEDURE 1. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (a)Connect Techstream to the DLC3. (b)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (c)Using Techstream, perform "zero point calibration" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). OK: "Zero Point calibration is complete." is displayed. NG -- REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH OK -- Continue to next step. 2. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK (a)Using Techstream, perform "sensitivity check" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). Standard value: 27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb) NG -- REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH OK -- Continue to next step. 3. CHECK DTC (a)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (b)Clear the DTCs stored in the occupant classification ECU ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes). (c)Clear the DTCs stored in the center airbag sensor assembly ( See: Air Bag Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes > DTC Check / Clear). (d)Turn the ignition switch off. (e)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (f)Check the DTCs ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes). OK: DTC B1786 is not output. HINT: Codes other than DTC B1786 may be output at this time, but they are not related to this check. OK -- END NG -- Continue to next step. 4. REPLACE FRONT SEAT ASSEMBLY RH (a)Turn the ignition switch off. (b)Disconnect the negative (-) terminal cable from the battery. (c)Replace the front seat assembly RH ( See: Seats > Removal and Replacement > Removal) for power seat or ( See: Seats > Removal and Replacement > Removal) for manual seat). HINT: Perform the inspection using parts from a normal vehicle if possible. NEXT -- Continue to next step. 5. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (a)Connect the negative (-) terminal cable to the battery. (b)Connect Techstream to the DLC3. (c)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (d)Using Techstream, perform "zero point calibration" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). OK: "Zero Point calibration is complete." is displayed. NG -- REPLACE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU OK -- Continue to next step. 6. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK (a)Using Techstream, perform "sensitivity check" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). Standard value: 27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb) NG -- REPLACE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU OK -- Continue to next step. 7. CHECK DTC (a)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (b)Clear the DTCs stored in the occupant classification ECU ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes). (c)Clear the DTCs stored in the center airbag sensor assembly ( See: Air Bag Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes > DTC Check / Clear). (d)Turn the ignition switch off. (e)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (f)Check the DTCs ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes). OK: DTC B1786 is not output. HINT: Codes other than DTC B1786 may be output at this time, but they are not related to this check. OK -- END NG -- Continue to next step. 8. REPLACE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION ECU (a)Turn the ignition switch off. (b)Disconnect the negative (-) terminal cable from the battery. (c)Replace the occupant classification ECU ( See: Seat Occupant Sensor > Removal and Replacement > Removal). NEXT -- Continue to next step. 9. PERFORM ZERO POINT CALIBRATION (a)Connect the negative (-) terminal cable to the battery. (b)Connect Techstream to the DLC3. (c)Turn the ignition switch on (IG). (d)Using Techstream, perform "zero point calibration" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). OK: "Zero Point calibration is complete." is displayed. NEXT -- Continue to next step. 10. PERFORM SENSITIVITY CHECK (a)Using Techstream, perform "sensitivity check" ( See: Restraints and Safety Systems > Programming and Relearning > Initialization). Standard value: 27 to 33 kg (59.52 to 72.75 lb) NEXT -- END

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ME A GOOD CODE FOR THE OTHER ONE

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

I

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i didnt get back to you or follow up on my question been out of town, but i ll do above things for now allow me to give you excellent rating.

That is no problem :)

I would appreciate the rating

Hope I was helpfull to you ,Let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open for you to Come Back And Ask Me Any Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue Even after You Rate Me

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

just let me know , what else you need, the post will stay open , even after you rate me

Thanks