Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

I want to disable the beep (five times) when i turn the

Customer Question

i want to disable the beep (five times) when i turn the ignition on, on my 2016 toy tacoma.
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: this is a new truck, maybe 3k miles, what do you mean by (battery running ?)
JA: What is the model of your '16 Toyota?
Customer: tacoma sr5 access cab 6spd auto.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i had an 08 tacoma where i had the same issue, disconnected one wire under steering wheel, problem solved.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the 'beep's can be disabled with the Toyota 'techstream diagnostic tool

now you can either ask your dealership to do this for you ( and they may refuse)

or purchase and aftermarket version of techstream cable and have a go yourself

software can be downloaded here

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/GTS/Wizard/Step5-Software.aspx

and cable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newest-V8-30-023-TOYOTA-Techstream-Software/dp/B00W97K7O6

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you