Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2000 Toyota sienna XLE with a 3.0L engine. I have

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota sienna XLE with a 3.0L engine. I have replaced all three coil packs along with numerous other repairs to try and correct rough running and missing in the motor. the last code after the last work says misfire on cylinder 2 and 1I would like to get the engine running correctly without spending tons of money on trial and error repairs. Any suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So can you enumerate on the other repairs you did?Was the wires and plugs replaced as well? And is it a noticeable misfire or just one showing up in the computer? And have you checked the injectors?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sonny, I replaced the wires and plugs before the coil packs. It seems to be a less noticeable misfire when accelerating, very rough idle. The injectors were going to be the next replacement, but just don't want to keep throwing money at it with no results. I just had my mechanic replace the timing belt, cam seals, crank seal, and crank position sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to check the injectors?
Best thing to do is swap them with 2 different cyl. And check the pulse w a noid light
If the miss follows it, it's them.