Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My Prius won't respond, I 't think it's the

Customer Question
My Prius won't respond, I...
My Prius won't respond, I don't think it's the battery, I only have 60k miles. It won't unlock and when I get in it to start it, the brake pedal is stiff and it doesn't make the usual buzz none of the lights are flashing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/13/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Prius.

What happens when you step on the brake pedal and push the button to start it? Does it go into READY Mode?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, absolutely nothing happens nothing lights up nothing turns on nothing responds at all, even if The 12 V battery is dead, how can I get into the hatch to jumpstart it, none of the doors won't unlock either

One you keyfob is a key that slides out. Do you see it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand I can unlock the driver door but none of the other doors will unlock

So you can get inside and pop open the hood correct?

Great! Now do you have a car nearby or a jump box so we can get it started? The AUX battery is dead.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That battery is not under the hood it's in the hat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hatch*

You are Correct. I'm taking that you don't know about the jump point under the hood. :)

I'm trying to help you but you're making it difficult.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ooooook....

Open the hood and look along the drivers side fender. You should see a black covered fuse box, take the lid off and towards the back of it, you should see a RED colored cover with a + sign on it. Do you see it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've figured it all out thanks

Soooooo, was it the AUX Battery?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No idea, I gave it back to my aunt and had her handle it, thanks

Ok, Thanks for chatting with me and I hope you the best.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

My pleasure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I end this convo? It won't let me give a rating

Are you satisfied with my help? Like 3-5 stars out of 5 possible?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I feel like you were a little bit rude
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But that aside, you know your stuff so I can't say I'm not satisfied
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician