Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Abs brake light anti swive lights on . also CC doesn't work.

Customer Question
abs brake light anti swive...
abs brake light anti swive lights on . also CC doesn't work.
got 3 codes
left rear sensor right rear sensor and ABS fault
We replaced hubs with sensors in the rear
still getting the codes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/11/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

The c/c won't work as long as these lights remain on, do you happen to have the actual code numbers?

Were any other repairs done before these lights turned on, any suspension work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1223 0215 0210no suspension work has been done

Thanks , LR and RR speed sensor malfunction is the correct diagnosis, the 1223 turns on when there is a malfunction with the abs system so as soon as these two codes are fixed all the lights should go off.

It's highly unusual for both speed sensors to go out at the same time, did this just happen with no warning, was anything done as far as any repair work prior to this, was the car in an accident?

/

It seems you replied with a new post, I'll continue here, If the hubs were replaced with new wheel sensor reluctor wheels and the sensors are new and there is no signal from either sensor getting to the computer then it must be a wiring issue or an ECM malfunction. I would recommend that you get it connected to a diagnostic computer that can get live data and see if any signals from the wheel speed sensors are getting to the computer, each wheel speed sensor should give a live data reading with the same speed as the speedometer shows, is the speedometer even working?

Were the codes cleared out after replacing those parts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the codes were cleared after replacing. the speedometer is working find,the sensor wires were hard to "snap" back into the new hubs.I accidental did a new post, this reply section was hidden

After the codes were cleared did they come right back or did it take a while driving it, how long?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
immediately

Ok, that's an indication there is an open circuit, wiring between the sensors and the computer, I recommend that you get someone involved that can trace the wiring between the computer and the sensors for an open circuit, the computer detects an open circuit before the sensors even have sent a signal to confirm wheel speed. Could be something caused by rodents chewing on wires, which is not uncommon, there is nothing more for me to add at this time, it's going to need some hands on testing. Best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

You are welcome and best of luck with this.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech