Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I just had all fluids replaced at my local dealer. On the

Customer Question
way home the check engine...
I just had all fluids replaced at my local dealer. On the way home the check engine, VSC , track off. And A/T oil lights came on. It seemed to have lost some power so I pulled over and stopped. The engine was making a dieseling sound and it stalled. There was also steam coming from the engine compartment. The temperature gauge was normal as was the oil pressure gauge. There was fluid thrown around by the fan and the radiator was not full. Any ideas?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: 128000 miles. The local Toyota dealer changed all fluids just today and checked codes. The receipt shows that they didn't do the radiator fluid. Also they cleaned the engine compartment.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I am mechanically capable but on newer vehicles I like to have the professionals do the work. So that I can complain to them when something like this happens.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No I think I have described in detail what happened today, it's just driving me nuts because I want to know what happened.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
6/10/2016
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john
john, The Car Guy

did you have it towed back to them?

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

john
john
john, The Car Guy