Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2011 fj cruiser and want to check, drain and refill

Customer Question

I have a 2011 fj cruiser and want to check, drain and refill the transmission fluid. Do you have any written instructions
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: we just got the fj, so I do not know when this was done. It has 54500 miles on it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do not think my husband has tried anything, he just wanted me to do some research on it before he starter
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

There is no dipstick on them, the fluid is filled from the bottom, after the old fluid is drained out or the pan is taken off and cleaned out.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions with diagrams in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,