Boxer54
Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
12613057

Update, nobody has answered my question so I am updating

Customer Question

Update, nobody has answered my question so I am updating the details. My 2001 Toyota Landcruiser had an issue with the drivers side rear caliper, it appears the inboare pad either wore down or frl out and when I took it apart the piston was all the way out and rubbing on the rotor. I have replaced the caliper, rotor and pads but now have the following lights on.

I have VCS Trac, VSC Off, Brake, and ABS Lights on and the buzzer is on solid.

The driver’s side inner brake shoe was gone and the piston was rubbing directly on the rotor.

I replaced the Caliper, rotor, and brake shoes but the lights and buzzer are still on.

I tried the old fashion method of breading the driver’s side rear wheel

Lights and buzzer still on

The reservoir never ran out of fluid.

Is is possible for me to blead the brake system and if so how do I do that. I have no or very little braking power currently and the buzzer keeps buzzing.

Hi, worked with you before on what we thought was an inition issue, turned out to be leaky intake manifold gasket. got that swapped out with a new toyota one and now it runs fine.Now I have another issue, the drivers side rear brake started squeeking real bad so I figured the pads were worn out. Today on the way home, the brake light, VCS ABS lights all came on with the buzzer as well. and i basically had no braked and the buzzer on constantly. Luckily I was close to hoe, took the wheel apart

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Proper bleeding of this braking system requires the use of the Toyota scan tool. Without that, You will likely not get everything done correctly. The issue isnt bleeding at the wheels, but bleeding the ABS and VSC system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, no way for me to do it then, has to go to the dealer?

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 1 year ago.

I highly recommend it. I'm not sure what, if any, aftermarket scanners have a utility to properly bleed the brakes. Being that it can be a major safety issue, I have to recommend not taking any chances and seeing the dealer to get the bleeding done properly.