Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Prius Hybrid.2003. key was left in days. Battery went

Customer Question
Toyota Prius Hybrid.2003. key was...
Toyota Prius Hybrid.2003. key was left in for 2 days. Battery went dead jump car it started put in drive foot on brakes hybrid batter working . Now ps light on main light on car with line in it is on. When start up sometimes turns green. warning light on .when in hybrid right side brakes rumbling . ans says need hydraulic fluid got more external system not connected and check engine light comes on not all the time. help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

The first thing we need to verify is thre condition of the 12 volt auxiliary battery, it has to be fully charged or close to it, no less than 11.8 volts. These batteries can take quite a while to charge back up. Once the battery is fully charged power the system down by removing the negative cable for about a minute, reconnect and see if thing s return back to normal. If the battery can not be successfully recharged it will need to be replaced.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech