Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Water on passenger side floor board after a rain : water on…

Customer Question
Water on passenger side...

Water on passenger side floor board after a rain

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Water on passenger side floor after it rains

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

That would be nice but not an absolute

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?

1999 in very good condition

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
I entered my credit card info, what is the next step to getting an answer?
6/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. What model Toyota do you have?

RAV4 1999

Ok. Do you use the air conditioning? does it work?

And is it a two door or four door?

i use it in the summer. It has been unseasonably cool here so not much use lately, but it works

Ok. I did just want you to be aware that if the ac drain is plugged water can back up into the truck. But that does not sound like your problem. Just make sure it drips water on the ground when the ac is on. Is this a 2 or 4 door with or without sunroof?

4 door with sunroof

It is likely that one of the sunroof drains is plugged. If you open the sunroof and look into the track at the corners you will see the drain hole. Which has hoses that runs down the headliner and down the body and drains out the vehicle. A lot of times tat drain backs up. you can check the drains by slowly pouring water into the trough of the sunroof and see if the water drains down quick. Or just blowing compressed air into the drains to clear them out is worth a shot as well. That would be the most likely and first place to check.

Were you able to check out the drains? If you need no more help then please rate my assistance. Thanks.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have any more questions and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.