HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech/Toyota Certified
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Deceleration sensor on sequoia : I got the new sensor and

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: deceleration sensor on sequoia
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I got the new sensor and found the yaw sensor under the center console, however, I did not find the deceleration sensor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I got the new sensor and found the yaw sensor under the center console, however, I did not find the deceleration sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: so where is the deceleration sensor?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where it is located?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what year is the toyota and what engine size, why are you changing this sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003
V8
lights on dash and code indicated that the problem is the sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you leave?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

From what im reading it is the same sensor the yaw and decel sensor, does the sensor you have look different from the yaw sensor under the center console? what was the code number you got for the abs system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't remember the code. So the yaw and deceleration sensor on a sequoia 2003 are the same?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

According to the service manual when replacing the yaw/decel sensor it shows it as the same part. Also in this attachment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Great. I found it.hanks for the help.cheers
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, if you need more help let me know. If i was helpful please leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping you

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the question remains open until you rate it.Please leave a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Im glad I was able to assist, you. The expert doesn't get compensated for helping until you rate the question please.