Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My toyota corolla 2009 has an idle problem. I changed the computer it a negative electrical current comming from...

Customer Question
My toyota corolla 2009 has...
My toyota corolla 2009 has an idle problem.
I changed the computer it a negative electrical current comming from the PCM ECU and i changed it brand new. Still item persist. We put SMoker to see if it was a leak nothing. thinking of changing wire harnest. I stumbled what else do I check.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the oxygen sensor, the manifold nothing problems only on parking after I put the ECU that was added the vin and the
car started right away. what else.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

There may be a harness issue, but try this first.

Short a paperclip across pins 4 and % on the computer DLC connector and see what happens.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SOrry y0u have to (%) is it number 5 ....I dont understand.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clear with the response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i didnt receive a clear answer.... Please Explain.

On the connector that you attach a scan tool with, there are 16 pins. The top row 2 center pins are 4 and 5. These are computer/chassis grounds. If you short across them, you eliminate a bad ground issue, so if everything starts to work normally again, you found you issue.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor