Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Howdy. : I'm working on an old 92 4runner with a Fujitsu Ten

Customer Question

Hey howdy.
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I'm working on an old 92 4runner with a Fujitsu Ten alarm system. I need to know how to program it with a new keyless entry fob.
JA: Have you ever had to reprogram your fob? How old is the battery?
Customer: Not happy that I have had this truck since Day One and can't get support but I also realize its 24 years old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: New fob
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Not original
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Lost that over a year ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model MW-8171
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Can you post a picture of the remote please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got this from Toyota dealer and was told Google had the programming. Now they want a ton of money to do it for me since there isn't anything I've found that has worked.

Based on the picture, I do not think you have the correct remote for a 1992 Fujitsu-10 RS-3000/RS3200 Theft deterrent system,

The following link is what you need in the way of instructions, and the correct fob is shown

http://4runners.org/writeups/rs3000/

if your rather expensive (and nasty) dealer would have told you to lookup via google RS-3000, you would have found it.

MW-8171 is not something that Toyota used. RS3000/RS3200 (newer vehicles) is the key

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I beg to differ. Here is an image of the unit under the seat.

You have misunderstood me. Fujitsu-ten sold these units to Toyota, who called them "RS-3000'. The fob in your picture is not for this receiver.

Hopefully, the fob is just different on the exterior. use the above link to program the remote

http://4runners.org/writeups/rs3000/