Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

The factory alarm is driving me crazy last 3 years of the 10

Customer Question
the factory alarm is driving...
the factory alarm is driving me crazy for the last 3 years of the 10 years i have owned it. i want it completely removed i dont want it going off all the time i dont have time to goof around with car issues every time i try to start it and cant start it. i have tried everything but it is like possessed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 1999 toyota corolla ce
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: it has been well cared for. i removed the horn fuse so it would not be giving me headaches.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my computer is restarting it is university computer so hopefully the tabs restore otherwise please send me an email
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay computer is back. like i said i dont want to dink around with buttons and fuses i want the stupid thing removed
5/30/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, is this factory or aftermarket alarm system?

Also, does yours just have the alarm system or does it also have the antitheft immobilizer system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
factory
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
antitheft deterrant system
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eric, you can get back to me tomorrow through email. me and dad and brother r going to a band. Thank you, Lydia
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we were just tearing it apart looking for a master disabler cant find but gonna continue this project tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lost remote btw been looking everywhere
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would sure help a lot. still i want the stupid thing gone cords cut whatever i gotta do!

HI,

Yes, I will get back to you tomorrow. It will take me a couple of hours of going thru the schematics to see how it can be disabled

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It would take me 12 lol
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!
Toyota Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic

Hi.....(Don)Customerhere........
Did you still need help on this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not receive a response.

thanks

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF this is Factory Alarm, Removal would be difficult, as there is a number of Components that go thru the Alarm Module (Ignition, Lights, Locks, etc)
It would require extensive Rewiring
You can DisAble the Arming by:
Locate the BLUE / RED (-) wire in the Driver Kick Panel / Door wiring harness
Should be a 10 PIN Plug
Ground the BLUE / RED (-) wire
This should keep the Alarm from working......
IF Not, then the Factory Alarm Module is bad & would need replacing

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer, as that is what was agreed to.
thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay sounds good. I found it. I can't figure out how to pop it off though. And I don't know how to ground wires. If I can't figure it out I will print this page out and have my brother do it. Do you think that is why the alarm goes off spontaneously is because the factory alarm module is bad?

IF your alarm is going off at different times, this can be the Hood Switch or a Door switch.........
IF you do not want to go looking & just DisArm, as you posted, then follow my instructions above
Let me know what you find

.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

clearly there still must be a problem

please respond so I can help further, or at least let me know what you found
Rating answer is what was agreed on
.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it popped off with a small flathead screwdriver. The alarm doesn't work and neither do he automatic door locks which is great because they are really annoying every time me or the kids try to get in the car the doors are locked except the drivers. So we can do the old fashioned way - manual lock them. How do I ground it? Thanks Lydia
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything else electrical works so that's good.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay this may take me some time. I am not mechanically inclined but I am learning. I WILL figure it out. Thank your for your patience.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just had a couple years of chemistry and a year of physics. The physics goes over (of many topics) electricity and current etc.

IF you do not want to remove insulation on the wires, use "scotch Loks" to "splice" into the wires

Most Auto Parts Stores will have scotch Loks which are plastic connectors that have a piercing peace of metal inside
You put the scotch Lok over the wire you are splicing into, then insert the end of a piece of wire into the other side of the scotch Lok & use a pair of pliers to squeeze the scotch Lok closed. Which the piece of metal inside pierces the 2 wires, making a connection
Then the other end of the piece of wire is grounded to Frame or Metal part of dash
click attachment

did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer
thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I am just really busy. I will rate when I get it done.

thanks.............

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic