rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

The car stopped running right after i started it up a drive

Customer Question

The car stopped running right after i started it up a drive about a 100 ft , it has plenty of fuel in it i switched put fuel pumps and it still wont start , but the starter makes a high pitched nasty sound when turning over .
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car has spark and thrns over but it seems like its not getting any fuel , what are the signs of a beokwn timing belt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: The car runs great this is the first time any issues come up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Check compression, it sounds like you broke a timing belt by the sound you are explaining.

Thanks, Ron