Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Won't crank or make any noise but the emergency lights are

Customer Question

Won't crank or make any noise but the emergency lights are working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2007 Toyota corolla and we have checked the connection are clean and the lights will not come on or it will not start only the emergency lights are working.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried to jump start it with cables
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Okay thanks and no that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for posting Have you checked the fuses in the fuse box under the hood next to the battery? there is a 120A large fuse, this is the main fuse that supplies power to most of the car's electrical system, it has a clear plastic cover on it, can you see if this fuse is blown?