Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Jump started Toyota Prius 2012 then it told me to check

Customer Question

Jump started Toyota Prius 2012 then it told me to check hybrid system?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The accessory battery was dead when came home from weekend away. Followed directions in manual to jump start. It started then said to check the hybrid system
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was hoping that I could reset the warning or find out something else to do that should be done.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Nope. 30k miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting Does the car start and run normally now, the low battery voltage may have triggered the check hybrid warning because the system shuts down if the 12 volt battery dies, if it starts now try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes and see if it clears up.