Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Im trying to figure out if my speed sensor needs relacingin

Customer Question
if my speedomoter and transmission...
im trying to figure out if my speed sensor needs relacingin if my speedomoter and transmission but have started to work intemittently
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its a 1993 speedomoter works slowly not at correct speed and trans,jumps at times
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: perhaps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
5/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hi, you can have a problem with speedometer itself in the dash or the speed sensor located on side of transmission that pick up speed signal might have broken plastic gears that is causing a jump when it gets to the broken part of the gear . can you acess the speed sensor and remove and physically inspect it?
Toyota Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tims auto repair
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.what is the model of your toyota and the engine size ?thanks
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician