Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2001 SOLARA 6 cylinders, I being tuning more than 70 miles

2001 SOLARA 6 cylinders, I being tuning more than 70 miles and 2 monitors are not ready, catalytic and oxygen sensor, what else can I do, it doesn't have any code for catalytic converter
Hi,Ok, have you just been driving it regular for the last 70 miles or have you done the actual Toyota drive cycle required to set all the monitors to ready?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just regular !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the Toyota cycle, how is that?
HI,Hi,below is the drive cycle to perform and as you see, it is not mileage based. but condition based. Make sure to do this exactly as describedEnsure that the fuel tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full.Start cold (below 86°F /30°C) and warm up until engine coolant temperature is at least 160° F (typically requires at least one minute; up to 3 minutes).Accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for five minutes.Decelerate without using the brake (coast down) to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute.Restart and accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for two minutes.Decelerate without using the brake [or the clutch!] by coasting down to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute. Do this 2 days in a row and the monitors will set to ready Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll do it today and tomorrow. Thanks
HI,you are welcome and have a great weekend Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their