roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Solara: I have a hissing brake booster and power brakes are

Customer Question

I have a hissing brake booster and power brakes are intermittent (2000 solara). when I disconnect the vacuum booster hose and plug it the motor dies. You can start it but you need to use the gas pedal and it won't idle?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist trying to run the car with the hose dis connected like that will cause it to stall and also a high idle. the hissing with it hooked up indicates that the booster is bad internally. it will have to be replaced. you can get it at a parts store and do it yourself. there is a rod on the brake pedal that needs to be disconnected, 4 nuts inside on the firewall and unbolt the master cylinder and move it out of the way and you remove the booster. should take you about 2 hours for the job. Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy